Serves 6-8 people
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 2 organic chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 2 x 400 g tinned plum tomatoes
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and slice the carrots, slice the celery, peel and chop the onions, peel and slice the garlic. In a large pan on a medium hear and add a couple of splashes of olive oil and then mix together all of the above mentioned vegetables.
- Cook for around 10-15 minutes or until the carrots have softened but are still in the shape they were when you cut them
- Place the stock cubes in a jun or pan and pour 1.5 liters of boiling water from the kettle on top. Stir constantly until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add to the pan with the sautéed vegetables. Add the tomatoes and stir until everything is mixed together. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve with a side of garlic bread, freshly picked basil and some cheddar cheese.